About Paulding County School District
The Paulding County School District is a public school district which is based in Dallas and located in Paulding County, Georgia, in the United States. Paulding County school serves the communities of Dallas, Braswell, and Hiram. The Paulding County school district has comprised a total of 33 schools as of the years 2012 – 2013, out of which it included around 19 elementary schools, 9 middle schools, and 5 high schools.
After the years of 2011 – 2012 school year, P.B. Ritch Elementary schools were closed and soon in the following year, a new middle school under the same name opened near Hiram. Later, in 2017, the Paulding country school district re-opened the former P.B. Ritch Elementary School facility which started serving with a new name as the Dianne Wright Innovation Center. The Dianne Wright Innovation Center houses several offices for Professional Learning, Student Assessment, School Nutrition, and the Cobb/Paulding Adult Education Center which is managed under the Cobb County School District.
Furthermore, each school in Paulding County operates a Parent-Teacher Association or so-called a Parent Teacher Student Association. Both of these associations enable students, teachers, and parents to hold conferences and meetings to discuss the means of ensuring that each individual, each student achieves his or her aims and goals. For example, often PTA and PTSA meetings are arranged either after or before school.
How to login to canvas Paulding county account
If you are a member of Paulding County school, then you will have access and a personal account in Canvas. To log into your Canvas Paulding country school account, you should follow the below-listed step by step guide:
Step 1 – First of all, you should open your web browser. Then, in your browser (you should use Firefox or Chrome web browser versions), you need to type the following website: www.paulding.instructure.com.
Step 2 – Once you type in the official website of Paulding Country School, wait for few seconds to let the web redirect you into the school’s portal. In Canvas, your private account will automatically be created in the system so that you will not need to create an account at all.
Step 3 – Now you will see the Login window. In the first, Student ID or Username field, you should enter your user name you use to log in to the PC at school – Note that you should not include the @paulding.k12.ga.us address.
Step 4 – Next, you should enter the password that you use for the PC at school.
Step 5 – This step is optional. You can tick the box “Stay signed in” by which you enable the site to save your login information. By doing so, next time you log into your canvas Paulding country school account, the site will automatically let you in to your private account. If you do not wish to save your login credentials, then simply leave this box empty.
Step 6 – Finally, click on the “Login” button.
However, if you cannot log in to your Canvas account, you should immediately check your email in Infinite Campus. If the email is wrong, Canvas will not be able to verify your login credential, such as your password with Active Directory. In that case, you will also be unable to log in to a canvas. Here, you should ask the secretary at Paulding County school to fix your email address in Infinite Campus and after that, you must wait for the next sync to run (usually takes about a few hours). If you are still having trouble with logging in, then submit a help ticket.
If you forget your password, click on the “forgot password?” link which will redirect you to a new password reset web page. Here are instructions on what to do:
- For Parents or/and Observers: You should enter your username and Canvas will send you a reset link to enable you to change your password.
- For Teachers or/and Students: Your password is your normal PC login password. If you face issues, your teacher will need to submit a help desk ticket on your behalf.
How to navigate in canvas
Here is a brief guide if you require help in Canvas - As a student in Canvas, you are given many options to receive assistance. To get help in Canvas, you should click the Help icon which is located at the bottom of the Global Navigation. The Help box immediately opens with the following different help options:
- Ask Your Instructor a Question – If you click on this icon, you will be enabled to send a message directly to your teacher’s inbox.
- Search the Canvas Guides – If you click on this icon, you will be able to go to the Canvas site to search for Canvas documentation.
- Report a Problem – If you click here you will be able to submit a work order.
Canvas User Dashboard
Canvas user dashboard is the first thing that you notice when you log in to the portal. The dashboard defaults to the course view, this function helps students to see what is happening in all of their current courses. The sidebar icon shows information for student’s courses like upcoming events, To-Do list, and feedback. A student can return to his or her dashboard at any time simply by clicking the Dashboard link located in the Global Navigation column on the left side of the screen. Here are other icons:
- Global Navigation - The Global Navigation menu consists of several quick links to the main Canvas areas.
- Account – If you click on this icon, you will get access to your profiles, notifications, settings, and files. You will also be allowed to log out of Canvas.
- Dashboard – If you click this link from any area in Canvas, you will be able to return to the dashboard.
- Courses – Click on this icon if you want to get access to your courses.
- Calendar – Click this icon, if you want to go to the calendar page where you will see and make any changes to your calendar.
- Inbox – Click the Inbox icon if you want to go to your conversations inbox.
- Help – This is the icon used whenever you require any help at any time.