Check Symbol meaning
The check symbol is widely known, shown on some platforms and in a handwritten style. On most of the platforms, the check symbol is shown in black, except on Windows, where you meet it in green color. Initially, it was shown in red color on Samsung and in green color on Google. Mostly it is used to mark the tasks performed in the lists and to check the statement of facts.
How to insert a check symbol in Excel
To insert a check symbol in Excel, you can easily click SHIFT + P and use the Wingdings 2 font. Also, you can insert a checkbox in Excel. For this action, you need to follow the given steps below:
1. At first choose cell A1 and click SHIFT + P to type a capital – P.
2. On the Home tab, in the Font group, choose the Wingdings 2 font. To insert a nice check symbol, then choose a green color for the font, also change the font size to 12 and apply bold for the letters.
3. Then on the Home tab, in the Alignment group like shown on the photo below, use the Align buttons to centralize the check symbol vertically and horizontally.
And that's all.
Also, you can use the Insert tab to paste a check symbol. Other symbols too. For this follow the steps below.
4. At first, in the Insert tab, in the Symbols group, press Symbol.
5. Then choose Wingdings 2 from the drop-down list, choose a check symbol, and press Insert. Also, you can insert a check symbol with a box around it like shown in this picture.
How to insert a check symbol in Microsoft Word
There are some ways to insert a check symbol into Microsoft Word, here are methods appropriate for Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Word 2004, Microsoft Word 2007, Microsoft Word 2008, Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Word 2011, Microsoft Word 2013, and Microsoft Word 2016.
Method 1 – Copy and Paste: ✓ ✔ ☑.
To copy and paste a check, you should highlight one of the ticks: ✓ ✔ ☑ , then copy and paste it where you want. To Copy – while the symbol is highlighted click Ctrl + C and to paste select where you want the symbol and click Ctrl + V.
Method 2 – Font Shortcuts.
The most used method is to use the "Wingdings 2" or the "Webdings" font. You can easily find it from the drop-down menu and there you will be able to choose from different styles of check symbols.
Method 3 – Symbol Command.
You can also use the symbol command. To do this, you need to have installed Excel. When you access the "Insert" menu, look for the "Symbol" tab. From this section, select the "Font" option and choose "Wingdings". The check symbol will appear at the bottom of the list.
This you can do also from the "Start" menu located under the "Character Map" section. Select the font option, then choose Wingdings. When you navigate your mouse over the symbol, it will open up, and you will be able to choose different types of check symbols. In the end, copy and paste the icon to the correct location in the text.
Method 4 – Check Symbol Character Code.
Another quick way is to use the character code of the check symbol. You should know that you will need to have the numerical keypad instead of the keyboard. Various codes allow you to insert four different tick symbol:
1. You should change the font to "Wingdings".
2. Use the numerical keypad (Do not use the horizontal line of numbers). Then, hold down the Alt key and type any one of the following combinations of digits:
Do not forget that before the character code, you must change the font to Wingdings. After you change the font to Wingdings you can switch the font right back to the preferred option.