About Flags Symbol
Generally speaking, flags are pieces of fabric with various dimensions most of the time rectangular. Flags have quite different and sometimes even similar functions as a representation of the countries. Most of the nations across the whole world have flags with different symbols and colors that resemble the culture of the country or even a significant event. Flags were initially used for signaling such as the white flag which signals surrender, or the pirates' flags which were mainly used to signify the pirates' ships.
What is the importance of Flags Symbol?
Flags symbol has been used as quite a common symbol in history for more than 5,000 years, dating back as fas as around 3000 BC with a flag representation in Egyptian tomb carvings and a metal Iranian flag. Vexillology, or in other words, the study of flags, takes the literal meaning of the flag's symbol right from the Latin word for "guide." It is the meaning which continues to carry weight in the current use of flags. The word itself was created back in 1957, by Dr. Whitney Smith.
Flags symbol have also been used in battle for symbolizing defeats and wins, or to send signals to enemies and allies. In today’s society, each country in the whole world carries a representative flag with various symbols, colors, ornaments, etc. Flags symbol is also used in most states and territories within countries. Many organizations, families, and sports teams have also carry their characteristic flags. Regardless of the reason and venue, a flag’s design is made right under careful consideration, and the colors which are used in its foundation usually resemble far greater ideals than what is found on a color wheel.
What are the Meanings of Colors in Flags Symbol
Flags are commonly used to communicate some type of information, like intent, emotions, and identity. Flags symbol communication is intended mainly for comrades and enemies alike since flags share information via a combination of symbols and colors. Colors within flags, usually differ from country to country or state to state. As a result, the colors presented in each flag, hold deep-seated symbols, meaning, and representation.
• Black is frequently used to represent determination, the defeat of enemies, or ethnic heritage. The black color on the flag symbol may also be used as a symbol of mourning or death.
• White is usually recognized as a symbol of purity, peace, and harmony, and has also been widely used to resemble surrender in times of battle.
• Red generally stands for revolution, power, vibrancy, and war (it is often symbolic of bloodshed). Other meanings are domination and courage, while it may also be seen as an alert of danger.
• Blue color on the flag symbol represents good fortune, determination, alertness, and liberation.
• Green color on the flag symbol often is viewed as a symbol of agricultural influence, as well as fertility and prosperity. The green color may also be seen as hope and youthfulness.
• Yellow (or Gold) color has been seen as a symbol of energy and wealth, like the sun. When it appears on the flag symbol, it may be used to signify happiness.
• Orange is often seen as a resemblance of sacrifice and courage.
How to insert a flag symbol in Word's Wingding Font?
Wingdings is a dingbat font accessible on the Windows PC operating system. You may use its font to add multiple symbols, such as flags symbol, smileys, arrows, or even zodiac signs, right to your Microsoft Word documents. Among the symbols which are accessible in this font are two flags symbol: one is rectangular and the other is triangular. Both of these flag symbols are displayed on a flag pole and pop up to be rippling in the wind. Note that the outline of the triangular flag symbol is usually thicker than the outline of the rectangular flag symbol.
Follow these steps to insert a flag symbol:
Step 1 - Run MS Word and open the document into which you wish to insert a flag symbol.
Step 2 - Switch the font to Wingdings by using the Font drop-down menu bar located in the Home tab.
Step 3 - Enter a capital "O" to get a rectangular flag symbol attached to a rounded flag pole.
Step 4 - Enter a capital "P" to get a triangular flag symbol attached to a pointed flag pole.